Washington Premier FC Staff
|WPFC Coaching Staff Member|
|Coaching Years of Experience:
|License and Credentials:
USSF "A" National Coaching License.
Nationally certified in CPR and First Aid.
B.A. English / Education / Reading, Saint Martin’s University, 1986
- 1984 Federal Way Force, State Cup Champions and Far West Regionals
- 1991 Timberline HS Girls Narrows League Champion, Coach of the Year, 1 NSCAA All-American
- 1997 Thurston County Extreme, State Cup Champions and Far West Regionals
- 2000 US Women’s National Team, Algarve Cup Championship
- 2005 Mountain Brook SC, State Cup Champions and Southeast Regionals
- 2009 Saint Martin’s Univ Men’s Soccer, GNAC Conference Champions, Coach of the Year
- Guided youth teams to five state championship finals; three State Cup Championships, 1986,1997 & 2004.
- Lead Mountain Brook Soccer Club (Birmingham, AL) as Director of Coaching 2000-2005. Lead comprehensive training and camp program for 1200 player club.
- Lead Federal Way Football Club, 2006-2016 (Federal Way, Washington) to Regional Club League (top league in Washington) and had two US Club Soccer National Champions.
- Member WSYSA Olympic Development Program Staff (goalkeeping coach) 1987-00 & AYSA ODP staff 2000-2005.
- Member US Youth Soccer Region IV Coaching Staff (Boys, 1987-90, 2014-15 & Girls 1992-99) and Region III Staff (Boys, 1999-2006).
- Lead Goalkeeping Training for US Soccer U-14 Girl's National Camp, 1998-00.
- Traveled to inter-regional and international events as USYS Region III Staff Coach (2001-2006).
- Coached varsity boys and girls high school soccer to 125 wins (Timberline HS, Lacey, WA) 1983-1992.
- Became the first Director of Soccer Operations at Saint Martin’s University (Head Women’s and Men’s Coach of brand new soccer program) 2006-present; Great Northwest Athletic Conference Coach of the Year 2009 in both men’s and women’s soccer; men’s team won GNAC championship in 2009. Average of 8 women and 5 men receive All-Academic honors; One GNAC Player of the Year; 28 women and 20 men named to GNAC All-Conference teams (many players multiple years). Women’s soccer avg GPA: 3.2, men 3.05.
- Served as NSCAA West Regional Ranking Committee member in Women’s soccer (2007-present) and men’s soccer 2011-present.
- Served as NCAA Regional Advisory Committee member Men’s soccer (2009-11) and Women’s soccer (2015-present).
- Volunteer Assistant, Belhaven College, Jackson MS, Houghton College, Houghton NY and University of Mobile, Mobile AL, 1990-2000.
- Served on staff of 1996 US Men's Olympic Soccer Team (goalkeeping coach in two training camps prior to games).
- Served on staff of 2000 US Women's Olympic Team (goalkeeping coach for the Algarve Cup, Portugal).
- Conducted 75+ US Soccer state sponsored coaching courses ("F,E,D & C") licenses in Washington State and Alabama from 1981 to present.
- Assisted in the writing of US Soccer National Goalkeeping Curriculum under Peter Mellor. US Soccer National Teams & Instructional Staff Goalkeeping Coordinator (Now Technical Director, USL).
- Member US Soccer National Goalkeeping Coaching Staff, (Nat’l GK, & National Coaching Schools—A, B & C Licenses)1997-2015.
- Writer for WSYSA's Soccer News & Play On state newspapers (received Ted Hastings Media Award for Editorial Excellence, 1999.) Articles have also appeared in Soccer Journal and Soccer America.
- Member, Regional Club Subcommitte, governance board for Washington Youth Soccer’s Regional League 2009-2016.
Favorite Soccer Team/Player
Club: Millwall, Leicester City
Player: Dennis Bergkamp
Best Coaching Memory:
Winning 1997 Girl’s State Cup
You are a part of the “world’s game,” if you want to change the world, be a great player in terms of skill, tactics and class.
Favorite Motivational Quote:
“You can’t always get what you want, but sometimes you might just find, you get what you need.”