MISSION: The Elite Clubs National League, Inc. (“ECNL”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit member-based organization founded in 2009 to enhance the developmental experience of the female youth soccer players in the United States through:
- Improving the competitive environment through creation of a true national competitive league with multiple flights;
- Improving the process for identifying elite female soccer players for the U.S. Soccer youth national teams through a systematic scouting and identification program based on national competitions; and
- Improving the daily training environment at top female youth soccer clubs through developing best practices and training and organizational guidelines for its member clubs.
GOAL: The goal of the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) is to change the landscape for elite female soccer players in the United States through innovative, player-centered programming and to enhance the overall experience by creating a better, more enjoyable, and more successful player, coach, and club development model. In addition, the ECNL strives to :
- Create a Competition Structure,
- Create a Player Identification Platform,
- Create a Resource Sharing Structure, and
- Create a Standards, Guidelines, & Incentives Structure.
ACTION PLAN (Summary): To accomplish this goal, the ECNL developed a common organizational structure, composed of individual clubs operating collectively under the direction of a commissioner. Because the ECNL exists to promote the common interest of its member clubs, the ECNL operating model is unified and comprehensive and values accessibility and sustainability. The ECNL utilizes four primary delivery mechanisms, or platforms, for “Changing the Daily Environment:
- The Competition Platform;
- The Player Identification Platform;
- The Club and Coach Development Platform, and
- The HER Platform (a female-specific health, wellness, and rejuvenation platform).
* The ECNL is a tax-exempt 501c(3) organization.